Recently, we made some changes to the formula of the WLS Optimum. We always work on the best formulas to take after having weight loss surgery regarding the latest scientific insights, and we follow these recommendations. From now on, your WLS Optimum will contain even more Vitamin B12, folate and iron than before. Vitamin B12, folate and iron all aid the development of red blood cells and support a decrease in tiredness.
Adding more vitamin D
In addition, we increased the amount of vitamin D, which assists your body in the maintenance of strong bones and normal functioning of your muscles and your immune system. Vitamin B1 was also raised, along with the minerals zinc and copper. The packaging and the products still look the same, You can continue to take one capsule or tablet per day, as you are used to.
Table of contents
|Vitamin A||Retinol Palmitate||800 µg||100%|
|Vitamin B1||Thiamin HCL||2,75 mg||250%|
|Vitamin B2||Riboflavin||2 mg||143%|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||Nicotinamid||25 mg||156%|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)||Calcium Panthotenate||9 mg||150%|
|Vitamin B6||Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate||2 mg||143%|
|Folic Acid||Pteroylmonoglutamic acid||500 µg||250%|
|Vitamin B12||Cyanocobalamin||100 µg||4000%|
|Vitamin C||Ascorbic acid||100 mg||125%|
|Vitamin D3||Cholecalciferol||75 µg||1500%|
|Vitamin E||D-alpha-Tocopherol Succinate||12 mg||100%|
|Chromium||Chromium III chloride||40 µg||100%|
|Iron||Ferro Fumarate||28 mg||200%|
|Iodine||Potassium iodide||150 µg||100%|
|Copper||Copper gluconate||1,9 mg||190%|
|Manganese||Manganese citrate||3 mg||150%|
|Molybdenum||Sodium molybdate||50 µg||100%|
|Selenium||Sodium selenite||55 µg||100%|
|Zinc||Zinc citrate||28 mg||280%|
[^RDA]: RI = reference intake according to Regulation (EU) 1169/2011.
1.The capsule is best taken 1 to 2 hours after breakfast, or 1 to 2 hours after lunch. This way, the capsule is lighter on your stomach.
2. If you are also taking a calcium supplement, this must be taken at a different time to the WLS Optimum capsule. Wait at least 2 hours between taking these supplements.
3. Moisten the capsule in your mouth so that the outer layer cannot stick. This way, the capsule slides down your throat easier.
4. When you swallow the capsule, it is best to bring your chin towards your chest, as opposed to throwing it back.
5. Do not drink and eat large amounts directly before, during or after taking the capsule. This way, you avoid feeling nauseous.
6. It is easier to take the capsule with the following foods and quantities:
- Sip of water or other sugar free drinks *
- Tablespoon of sugar free fruit purée or other liquid foods *
7. If you find it difficult to swallow the capsule, you can open the capsule and take just the contents (in powder form) with the aforementioned liquid foods.
8. If you are unable to start taking WLS Optimum straight after the operation, you can also start taking the capsule 1 to 3 weeks after the operation.
9. If you are still struggling to take the capsule, you can always contact our Customer Services by telephone or email. That way, we can find a suitable solution together for optimal intake of your vitamins and minerals.
* PLEASE NOTE: your body is unable to tolerate (natural) sugar and foods high in sugar as well after weight loss surgery. Therefore, choose sugar free foods instead. This way, you avoid feeling nauseous.
This product is free from the following allergens: gluten-containing grains, crustaceans, eggs, fish, peanuts, soya, milk (including lactose), nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, sulphur dioxide and sulphites at levels of > 10 mg SO2 per kilo or litre, lupins and molluscs.
|Nutritional value per Capsule *|
|Energy in kcal||1,0|
|Energy in kJ||4,3|
|Carbonhydrates in g||0,0|
|Proteins in g||0,0|
|Fats in g||0,0|
*1 tablet weighs 0.6 grams
Recommended daily intake
Take 1 capsule per day. Do not exceed this recommended dose. Nutritional supplements are no substitute for a healthy lifestyle and a varied, balanced diet, which are important.
Vitamins (vitamin D3, vitamin B12 and folic acid contain CORN), minerals, vegetable capsule (hypromellose), flavour, anti-caking agent (magnesium stearate), colours (titanium dioxide, iron oxide).
This product contains the flavouring cherry flavour and the colouring agents iron oxide and titanium oxide. This product is suitable exclusively for people who have had a gastric bypass or gastric sleeve and are aged 18 years or older. This product is suitable for pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding.