Some days are not so easy. At FitForMe we know how hard those days can be, often from personal experience. We really want to help you, so we have collected all our tips.
Remember: every 1,000-mile journey starts with the first step. And we are here for you along the way!
A good appetite
- Did you know that an appetite behaves like a wave? It builds up first, goes to the highest possible point and then disappears. Really. If you manage to get past that one point, you beat the appetite.
- Don't go shopping on an empty stomach, eat something first.
- Eat regularly: plan three main meals and three small extras. Do you still want to eat? Postpone the urge until it is time to eat again.
- Brush your teeth. A simple trick that works!
- Try to take small sips when you drink something and take small bites when you eat.
Taking your supplements
- Take your supplement with a sip of water or a sugar-free drink. Coffee can neutralize the taste and make the intake easier.
- If the supplement is too large to swallow at once, you can also slide open the capsule and take the contents (powder) with a bit of sugar-free applesauce or something else that you like.
- You can use the alarm function on your phone or create a 'reminder' in your agenda, to make sure you don't forget your supplements.
- Ginger tea helps well against nausea.
- Don't take the capsule on an empty stomach, but 1 or 2 hours after a meal.
- Get that pedometer out of the closet! After the first week, take a look at your average number of steps and try to add 500 steps per day during the following week. Ten thousand steps per day is a good end goal.
- Go for a walk! You can also invite a friend to join you.
- Laugh more! Did you know that laughing a 100 times (a really good laugh) burns as many calories as rowing for 10 minutes?