What is Weight Loss Surgery?
Weight Loss Surgery is a surgical procedure performed when all other weight reduction methods have failed. After surgery, patients can only eat small amounts. This means a lower calorie intake resulting in weight loss, but also a reduced absorption of nutrients. To supplement possible shortages and support your health, a daily multivitamin supplement is necessary.
Which types of weight loss surgery are there?
There various weight loss operations, some are restriction operations and others are malabsorptive operations. Gastric Band and Sleeve Gastrectomy are considered as restrictive operations. These types of operations restrict and therefore reduce the amount food patients can eat.
The malabsorptive operations reduce the amount of nutrients that are absorbed. These types of operations Include Gastric Bypass, Duodenal Switch or the Biliopancreatic Diversion.
What is the advantage of taking fitforme supplements?
After your operation you can only eat small amounts. This means a lower calorie intake resulting in weight loss, but also a reduced absorption of nutrients. To supplement possible shortages and support your health, a daily multivitamin supplement such as FitForMe is necessary. FitForMe supplements contain all the vitamins and minerals that you need for your daily intake.
What is the difference between fitforme capsules and chewables multivitamins?
In terms of dosage, the FitForMe capsule and FitForMe chewable multivitamins are the same. The only difference is that the capsules already have the iron included whereas the chewable comes with a separate iron tablet as part of your order. The chewable tablets do not have the iron included in the formulation because of the unpleasant taste of iron, so the iron has been separated and we therefore supply a film coated iron tablet called FitForMe Ferro tablets.
How can I best take my FitForMe multivitamin?
The best time to take your FitForMe multivitamin is after lunch, dinner or just before bedtime. The best way to take your FitForMe Multivitamin capsule is with a sip of water or sugar-free drink. The FitForMe Multivitamin chewables are easy to chew. The Ferro tablet can also be taken with a sip of water or sugar-free drink
I have trouble swallowing pills, what can i do?
Sometimes swallowing your capsules can be challenging so here are some suggestions that might help you out;
- You can take your capsule with water or other sugar-free drinks.
- Moisten the capsule in the mouth so that the outer layer does not stick. This way, the capsule slides more easily.
- When you swallow the capsule, it is best to place your chin to your chest instead of backward.
- Do not drink and eat large quantities immediately before, during and after taking the capsule. This way you avoid feeling nauseous.
- The capsule can be easily taken with the following foods and quantities: a sip of water or other sugar-free drinks or a tablespoon sugar-free fruit puree or other liquid foods.
- If you have trouble swallowing the capsule, you can also slide the capsule open and use only the content (in powder form) with the aforementioned liquid foods.
- We advise that you start your supplements when eating solid food confidently. Please discuss with your doctor or specialist first.
- If you are having trouble with your capsules, please contact FitForMe Customer Service and you can always try the Opti Chewables with a Ferro Tablet (Iron supplement).
I have dark stools since taking fitforme multivitamins. How is this possible?
The dark colour in your stool is generally caused by the high iron content in the multivitamins
Are FitForMe products Halal certified?
Yes, all of our products are Halal certified. We have received an internationally recognized certification. This means that the entire production process and all materials we use meet the requirements.’
How do I store my vitamins?
Store your FitForMe supplements in a cool and dry place away from sunlight. Do not store them next to the microwave or oven. Try not to open the jar too often and tightly close the lid after each use. If your supplements are in blister packs, don’t take them out of the packaging too long before use. Follow these guidelines to ensure your supplements remain fresh until the expiry date.